Sunday, June 19, 2011

A brief return to the Land of Enchantment


Paula and I visited New Mexico to see my mother for her birthday.  It was a quick trip, but we managed to squeeze in a few of our old habits.  Friday morning, I was able to hop on the bike and ride the Jemez Dam route.  I wanted to ride some hills and get some miles in.


Here's a quick video I shot:

Then, I drove on down to ABQ proper and met up with Dave for a morning run.  We had a good few miles in the gloriously beautiful Sandia foothills.  Too bad I didn't bring my phone to take some pictures. And in proper New Mexican form, we followed up with a Golden Pride breakfast burrito.  So good.

It was good to see my mother, sister, her husband, and my cousin and her fiance.  We had a real good dinner in Santa Fe and spent some quality time together.  Its rare for multiple members of our family to congregate, given our various geographic locations.  

I managed to hop on the bike for one more ride up to the Jemez Dam and a short run before jumping in the car for the 8 or so hour drive back to Oklahoma.  

Back to the relative grind.  Next week is Ironman 70.3 Buffalo Springs Lake.  I'm hoping for a solid, injury-free finish.

No comments: